HOW TO CARE FOR A POINSETTIA
- Make sure the plant receives at least 4-6 hours of bright, indirect sunlight each day.
- Temperatures should not exceed 70 degrees F.
- Avoid drafts, especially from fireplaces, appliances, and air ducts.
- Water thoroughly, never let the poinsettia dry out and be sure to pour the excess water from the tray. Never let the plant set in water.
- Do not fertilize during the holiday months and winter dormant months. Resume fertilizeing in March.
- Repot whenthe roots are showing from the bottom of the contianter.
- Summer the plant outside in morning sun and afternoon shade, making sure it is well watered.
- Trim and prune if the plant gets leggy; it will fill out as it grows. Poinsettias bleed a white milky liquid when cut. This is normal.