Homemade Seed Tapes
This definitely is a winter day project but you'll be glad you took the time before the rush of spring.
- This can be done either with black and white newspaper or heavy duty paper toweling. Cut strips 1 to 2 inches wide.
- Mix up a thick paste solution from all purpose flour and a little water.
- Space the seeds as you would normally plant in the garden. Check planting guide if in doubt (usually on the back of the seed packet.)
- Glue the seeds to the paper with the paste.
- Let dry.
- Roll up and label.
- Store in a container, or zip lock bag with a little salt or dry powdered milk. This will keep the packet dry.
Roll out your garden in the Spring:
Prepare your soil, roll out the prepared seeds on the paper, covering them accordingly with soil.